Being a Beaver
When you join Beavers, you’ll be introduced to lots of new activities, people and things. Here’s everything you need to know.
Activities and what you’ll get up to
Get an introduction to outdoor activities, have the opportunity to be creative, explore your local community and experience the excitement of a Beaver Scout sleepover with your friends.
Completing awards challenges you to do more, learn more and be more. See what’s on offer and start your journey to the top.
Uniform and badge placement
You don’t need a uniform to join. But once you’ve settled in, you’ll start speedily earning badges, and you’ll need to know where to put them!
Find your local Group
- 1st Rotherham (Kimberworth)
- 2nd Rotherham (Thurcroft)
- 5th Rotherham (Maltby)
- 6th Rotherham (Wath)
- 9th Rotherham (Rawmarsh)
- 10th Rotherham (Treeton & Brinsworth)
- 11th Rotherham (Wales)
- 12th Rotherham (Swallownest)
- 14th Rotherham (Bramley)
- 24th Rotherham (Wickersley)
- 27th Rotherham (Woodsetts)
- 30th Rotherham (Herringthorpe)
- 35th Rotherham (North Anston)
- 38th Rotherham (South Anston)
- 42nd Rotherham (Thorpe Hesley)
- 46th Rotherham (Brecks)
- 48th Rotherham (Wath)
- Rotherham Explorers
All of our leaders are trained volunteers, working to make sure Scouting is safe, inclusive and accessible. Some lead the Colony week in and week out. Others visit occasionally to help run a session or drop in to share their skills. No matter how much time you have to spare, find out about volunteering on your own terms.