Plans for this year’s Volunteer Celebration Walk are progressing well and we are grateful for the support to date. A reminder of the event details are below and I’ve attached a copy of the Walk poster and walk route. Bookings are increasing and we look forward to seeing a wide range of volunteers on the day, from a number of our partner organisations. This annual event is about saying thank you to Rotherham volunteers, for their efforts and contributions. Numbers are still limited for this event to ensure that there is enough space for the event to operate safely. Face masks are optional, but not mandatory. We welcome people’s individual choices.
Friday 30th July
12:00pm – 3:00pm
Rotherham Town Centre
Registration – 12:00pm – 12:30pm at Rotherham Minster.
Speakers – 12:30pm – 1:00pm.
Short walk through Rotherham town centre – 1:15pm – 2:00pm (approx.).
Refreshments and goody bags collection – 2:00pm – 3:00pm, Rotherham Minster. (Outside, weather permitting).
*If you plan to attend the event with your volunteers, please let us know the following:
- A main contact name and telephone number.
- How many volunteers will be attending.
- Volunteer/ staff names (if you have them) otherwise, you can just tell us the number of places you would like to book.
If any of your volunteers would like to take part in the event, but can’t undertake the walk itself for whatever reason, that’s absolutely fine, they are still welcome to join us on the day and can remain at Rotherham Minster whilst the walk is taking place. Please let us know if you have any volunteers who have support needs i.e. space required in the Minster for wheelchairs, walking aids or guide dogs etc.
You can book places for the walk via this link – https://forms.gle/ChgHJwTyoV5uPM6z7
We still need your help with the following:
- X7 Marshalls for the walk route (approximate time commitment – 1 hour).
- Items for our goody bags – do you have anything branded that you would like us to include?
- First aiders to join us for the event – (1hr – 3hrs, time commitment).